April 15, 2013

Everyday Moments | April 2013

April is halfway over already?!  My goodness- time is just going by all too quickly.  Once again, I'm blessed to be a part of this photography blog circle where talented ladies across the country share Everyday Moments from their lives.  Please be sure to click through and visit the very talented Christine of Christine Maus Photography to be a part of her everyday moments!

We have had a busy month and honestly, I could've picked about 20 different directions to go in for this month's post.  I decided to focus this month's moments on a very special haircut.  My oldest came home a few weeks ago and announced, "Mommy- I want to get a haircut and donate my hair to Locks of Love."  We had never discussed this before, so I was hit with a warmhearted, weepy pride that my little girl had such a giving heart, having seen two of her classmates do the same.


We made the appointment with the amazing stylist I go to (if you're in the OC, email me if you're looking for someone amazing to do your hair!), and off we went!  The Locks of Love minimum is 10 inches of hair, which was easy for my Katie.





  

Eleven inches later, my girl was so happy with her new cut and with the idea of sending her locks to someone who desired them!


I pray that as she grows, she continues to be a girl who has an inner call to give of herself- not just hair, but time, service and love.  So proud of my beautiful little big girl!

Continue on to Christine Maus Photography for the next sweet Everyday Moments!

5 comments:

  1. That is just wonderful! We did this with our SON :) last summer.. He had the most beautiful hair with curls. We donated to Pantenes Beautiful Lengths. They only requrie 8 inches and they are made for women going through cancer treatments and they give them for FREE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that, Misty! Someone else was telling me about the Pantene program and mentioned that Locks of Love no longer gives hairpieces for free? I still have the ponytail in an envelope and have been trying to research where to send it! I'm going to look into Pantene!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet girl you have!! I love the picture where she is smiling at the ponytail that was just cut off! She just looks so sweet and proud of herself! Her new haircut looks adorable as well- what a great gift your daughter gave someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that first photo! So perfect. :)
    You've got a kind hearted, sweet young lady. I'd be weepy-eyed too.

    ReplyDelete